Organisation and Governance
We are governed by the Seven Co-operative Principles.
What is a Co-operative?
A co-operative is an autonomous association of people set up to meet the members common economic, social and cultural needs through a jointly owned and democratically controlled enterprise. It is based on the following seven principles:
- Education – (training and information)
- Concern for the Community
- Member Economic Participation
- Autonomy and Independence
- Voluntary open membership
- Democratic Member Control
We are also exploring using Sociocracy as a decision making and policy forming tool. It is a system of governance which seeks to achieve solutions that create harmonious social environments as well as productive organizations and businesses.